Advertisement

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Workaholics Season 3 Episode 14 Fourth and Inches

Workaholics Season 3 Episode 14 Fourth and Inches This show is hilarious. The Office, Entourage and 30 Rock have all jumped the shark, and I thought Sunny was getting close until last season, which was stronger than the previous. A few years ago, I found television to be ripe with great comedies, but just recently I was noticing that Curb and Sunny were about the only two that I found hilarious on a consistent basis. But Workaholics surprised me, it really seemed to come out of nowhere. And I'm so glad to hear that they are already writing for season 2. Awesome news.

I have to applaud Comedy Central, not because this show is particularly great but rather because they put shows like this on the air. It's not as funny as Man Bites Dog, Halfway House, Issues, etc but it is still funny and worth watching. By Comedy Central putting on shows like this, funny people out there actually have an obtainable goal if they want to have a go at getting a show made. Had BBC3 not aired The Office perhaps Ricky Gervais would be a plumber instead of a comedian. I guess my point is that this show isn't paint by the numbers, slick camera shots and laugh tracks. It's one of those shows that takes elements of guys you know and amps them up. Not quite to pro wrestling levels but probably a bit higher than you'd see in real life. It's fun though and you won't walk away feeling as if someone just insulted your intelligence. You never know, one of these young guys could end up being the next big funny man. Lay off the network shows for a week and check this show out.

I'd say, judging by the user rating, that this is one of those "you-get-it-or-you-don't" shows. I personally don't see how this would be not funny. This is definitely fresh material. Here you have the lives of three just-out-of-college roommates, working together in a call center, having parties, pulling pranks, taking drugs. Livin' the dream.

I think that the target audience is twenty-something recent college graduates, in entry-level positions. Not unlike the content on Adult Swim, or the situational comedy of Peep Show. But, definitely with a college American flavor. I can relate. If you are not in that phase where you still live like you are in college, then go watch something else. 

Advertisement