Advertisement

Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Mindy Project s01ep14 Harry & Mindy

Excellent and hilarious!! I believe this show will be much more appreciated by women than men. I watched it with my husband, and he did not share the same enthusiasm. If you are a woman and have an appreciation for romance and our confusing attempts to achieve it, you will probably relate better with the show. Like Mindy, I relate with the desire to have a perfect fairytale romance while it is so hard to find the "prince" to fill the role. This discrepancy makes finding love so challenging, and Mindy thoroughly explores this. Also, if you listen to Mindy's interview on NPR with Sherry Gross, it will help you understand Mindy better. She has a strong history of experience to give to the show. The office style of filming is great, and Mindy is amazing and cute. Great show!! I can't wait to see what happens!



I must admit, when I originally started to watch the show I had low expectations. Mainly because though I'd previously enjoyed Mindy Kaling's portrayal of Kelly Kapoor on The Office (US), I'd seen characters who are hilarious in supporting roles not be able to translate that humor into an entire show based around them as the lead character... I'm looking at you cast of Seinfeld. However, I was pleasantly surprised to be completely wrong in this case.

This really is a great show that doesn't take itself to seriously. Also, I thoroughly enjoy the soundtrack. But the dialogue is where it's at... I'm actively working to make my friends converts for the show so I can start quoting it more... "We get it, you're smarter than us because you read the newspaper" -- it's like Mindy read my mind, people who read the news are just the worst, surpassed only by morning people.



Advertisement