Advertisement

Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Lying Game Season 2 Episode 5 Much Ado About Everything

The Lying Game Season 2 Episode 5 Much Ado About Everything Unlike some of the reviewers, I have not read any of the books, so I have started watching this series with no expectations. Since I was already a fan of Pretty Little Liars, I thought I would give this show a chance. I'm gland I did. I have seen the first three shows, and I'm hooked. I love the mystery and the characters. There are already characters I'm cheering for and characters I don't like. But even the ones I don't like have added a richness to the show that makes it even more credible. All of the actors seem to be talented and there is a chemistry that is a must for a show to succeed. I recommend the the Lying Game. It looks as if you have one of the best shows of the new season. Good luck.

At this time, only two episodes have aired. So, my opinion may change further down the road. You can prefix most of my opinions with "so far ...". And, I'm going to leave off the star rating for now.

When they advertised that this was by the same author as Pretty Little Liars, I wasn't going to bother watching it. But, when I saw they were airing both episodes in a row last week, I thought, "Ah, what the heck?". And, so far, I'm glad I did. The mystery is intriguing, and the writing well thought-out. Unlike Pretty Little Liars, the show has only one main character who's POV we follow. I find this far better when the story is a mystery with a lot of plot-twists. There may be some parental concern over certain plot elements, such as a pair of otherwise-nice parents that are fully suspect in the mystery, another parent who's an alcoholic, and yet another parent (possilbly also an alcoholic) who is a horrible bully. There is also one major protagonist who's a bit of a 'mean girl', and the show paints a rather dismal picture of the foster care system in Nevada. I find all of these far less of an issue for kids than certain elements of Pretty Little Liars, such as Aria's love interest.

As I write this, there have been four other reviews, two positive, and two negative. I noted that the basis of both negative reviews is entirely how poorly the show follows the books. If this is important to you, then you will probably be disappointed in the show. Otherwise, I think you'll find this one is worth giving a shot. 

Advertisement