Advertisement

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Nashville Season 1 Episode 12 I've Been Down That Road Before

Nashville Season 1 Episode 12 I've Been Down That Road Before online A few months ago, I saw a teaser on ABC advertising this new show "Nashville." At the time, I was skeptical of the show, dismissing it as just another one season wonder. I assumed it would employ pointless sexuality, unrealistic dialogue (done in cheesy southern accents), and plot points that ventured outside of likelihood.

And then I found out that the creator was the screenwriter from "Thelma & Louise" and that most (if not all) of the actors and actresses had pristine track-records when it came to their choices (Connie Britton's work on "Friday Night Lights", Hayden Panettierre's work on "Heroes", etc. etc. etc.), not to mention having music produced by some of country music's hottest. I decided, "What the heck?" and decided to give the show a shot.

Every aspect of the show blew me away, from the opening shots of Nashville (I'm a Tennessee native myself, so it's always refreshing to see my great state shown in such a marvelous light), to the wonderful performances of Britton and Panettiere and other cast members, to the knock-your-socks off music (none of your Glee original music here; this is some high quality country!...which is saying a lot, as I am not a huge fan of country music), to the SUBTLE sexuality which--in my opinion--outdoes the blatant sexuality every time.

In all, I found this to be one of the most promising shows (if not THE most promising show!) of the 2012-2013 season, and I cannot wait to tune in each and every Wednesday.
It's been SO long--TOO long--since there has been any 'good' t.v.--as in years-- that actually seeing and being able to absorb this show in its entirety is beyond what I could have hoped for in its plot lines, the actor's singing abilities and the DEEP emotional connections and REAL LIFE stories that you WANT to follow and be part of is just too much. I can't believe they actually take the time to sing an entire song in each episode--I LOVE THAT! They say so much during the time that song is being sung!

I am so happy with this show it makes waiting an entire week just to see the next episode too long a wait. This is what television is supposed to show--a non-sensationalized storyline allowing the audience in to becoming part of what the characters are feeling in following where their lives have come from, what that has produced, and where they are going; developing empathy, compassion, and understanding along the way, vs. the crap and fake "reality" shows that are not asked for, but are overproduced and overcrowd the air time.

I will be watching this show--a drama that pulls you IN--in to all the missing-for-too-long-aspects-of-humanity found in the characters, story lines, songs, lyrics, melodies, and relationships--back to what I want from t.v. to show--every single week. And EVERY actor is perfectly cast and pulls you into their character's storyline with absolute perfection.

Advertisement